Why do we exist?
At Maths Pathway we envision a world where every student experiences growth and success in maths. No matter their current level, or their socio-economic background. One in which all people, adult or child, are confident with numbers.
This is exactly why our founders, teachers Richard and Justin, developed the Maths Pathway Learning and Teaching Model in collaboration with thousands of other teachers over the past seven years.
They believe, that given the right resources, tools, and support every teacher can help every student to:
- Confidently use mathematics in routine and non-routine ways
- Lay out their logic with such clarity and completeness that the reasoning is beyond question
- Become curious about mathematical things and can appreciate the intrinsic beauty in mathematics
- Become used to thinking deeply/meaningfully about maths — routinely “switch their brains on”
- Expect that mathematics should make sense; there is an underlying logic behind ideas they encounter
- Build courage — don’t expect answers to land on their lap immediately and don’t give up easily
- Properly tackle applications of mathematics, leveraging the skills and capacities at their disposal
- Enjoy the process of learning — reward comes from meeting the challenges inherent in the subject
- Believe that there is a path from any unfamiliar piece of maths to a point of full understanding
- Develop a “big picture” view of maths, giving them a broad idea of what types of mathematics exist
- Acquire deep, conceptual understanding of all the maths they learn — even if this means “covering” a smaller set
What is Maths Pathway?
The Maths Pathway model is a holistic approach that combines education best-practice with technology to entirely replace the textbooks, apps and tech systems used to teach maths in schools.
It is designed to support teachers to deliver personalised learning to every student, increasing growth and engagement in the classroom.
It only works if schools and teachers commit to developing their practice — deepening their pedagogical understanding in line with the latest learning science. The model revolves entirely around teacher and student mindsets and actions.
Our role is to make that change and improvement as easy and practical as possible, with all the right resources, tools, and support.
A model for all students
The Maths Pathway model works for all students because it meets them where they happen to be in their learning journey. By applying high impact teaching strategies and focusing on growth, effort and work habits, students develop a growth mindset and become independent learners.
As a result, our students master twice as much curriculum in one year as they would in a traditional classroom. We invite you to explore the data and see it for yourself.